Implant Dentistry in Ocala, FL
Do you have missing teeth? You may want to consider the effective approach of dental implant restoration. Dr. Quinn Family Dentistry provides effective tooth restoration services in the Ocala area. No matter the circumstances surrounding your current smile, we are here to help you understand your options, determine the best course of action and ultimately help you overcome the discomfort and embarrassment of missing teeth. Let’s get you closer to your new smile today.
What Is Dental Implant Restoration?
Dental implants are a great way to replace missing teeth. The process includes placing an artificial tooth root into your jaw that will hold a replacement tooth or bridge. This approach gives patients the closest thing to enjoying the benefits of healthy, natural teeth.
We will meet with you to determine what your needs are. We work with the area’s best oral surgeons to complete your dental implant procedure. While the implant procedure itself will be completed with a local oral surgeon, we are equipped with the best resources to design, create and attach your replacement teeth to your implants.
Benefits of Dental Implants
For patients who have lost one or more teeth and are looking for a more permanent solution than dentures, dental implants are the way to go. Unlike dentures, implants are attached to the jaw bone and, therefore restore permanent functionality. The following are some of the advantages of choosing this procedure:
- Because they are attached to your jawbone, implants will look and feel like your own teeth.
- Unlike dentures, there is no need to worry about noises or shifting while chewing or talking.
- Since the implants are fused into your jaw bone, you do not need to feel the discomfort of removable dentures.
- In cases where only some teeth are missing, implants help to not disrupt your existing teeth.
- Implants are durable and will last many years with diligent upkeep and care.
Understanding the Procedure
Whether you have lost one, multiple or all of your teeth, the dental implant procedure will take a similar approach. The implant itself is the artificial tooth root that will be placed in your jaw in preparation for your replacement teeth. An abutment, or an extension from this implant, will be screwed in, allowing us to attach your replacements and restore complete functionality to your mouth.
To help you understand the process a bit better, the following are the main steps in the dental implant procedure:
- The implant itself looks like a screw or cylinder and is placed into your jaw in order to provide a secure and permanent replacement. When this happens, a process called osseointegration will occur. Osseointegration refers to the bonding between living bone and the surface of an artificial implant.
- During this time, a temporary tooth will be provided and we will begin to make preparations for the creation and placement of your permanent tooth.
- Once your implants and the extensions (abutment) are ready and your gums have healed, you will visit our office where your replacement teeth or bridges will be created by our team and attached to the implants.
Taking the Next Step
We want to help you make the best decision for your individual health and situation. Dr. Quinn has a proven track record of providing effective dental implant restoration that helps patients dramatically improve their quality of life. We can help you confidently decide on the best implant restoration approach for you. We can also refer you to a network-qualified oral surgeon who will help the process go as smoothly and painlessly as possible. Contact our team today and we’ll get you in to start discussing which treatment is going to be best for restoring your teeth and smile.
Visit our other service pages, such as Tooth Extraction. If you are interested in dental implants, extracting the damaged tooth may first be necessary. Our team and dentists are dedicated to providing you with a positive dental experience throughout the entire implant dentistry process. Call us today to learn more (352) 732-3425.