Providing Veneers in Ocala, FL
Our team at Dr. Quinn Family Dentistry is focused on helping you gain a beautiful smile. No matter your smile’s current state, we are pleased to provide the best in dental laminates, commonly known as veneers. This procedure is an excellent way to redesign and reshape your entire mouth. Dr. Quinn can help you fix the issues that have detracted from your beautiful smile, such as staining, cracked teeth, spaces, misaligned teeth, chipped teeth and many other issues.
What Are They Exactly?
Veneers are ultra-thin shells of porcelain – about half the thickness of a dime – which bond to the front of your existing teeth. Patients usually choose this procedure to cover defects in the front teeth. Examples of some of these defects can include significant staining, damage due to an injury, or changes in the tooth’s appearance as a result of a root-canal procedure. This procedure is also a great way to hide discolored fillings in front teeth. In addition to giving a beautiful and natural smile, they can provide strength and resilience comparable to natural tooth enamel. Veneers dramatically brighten teeth and improve your confidence and smile.
Who Should Consider This Procedure?
Depending on your particular situation, porcelain veneers may be a good option for you to consider. Here are some common reasons patients choose this procedure:
- To close gaps between teeth.
- To correct misaligned, uneven or irregularly shaped teeth.
- To reverse the natural wear and tear of teeth.
- To correct chipped or broken teeth due to injury or other circumstance.
- To hide teeth that are permanently discolored.
What Can You Expect?
The process of placing veneers takes approximately two to three visits. Here are the main steps of the procedure:
- In the first visit, we will discuss the new shape and look of your smile. We will explain what we are going to accomplish by placing the veneers.
- Once we have a plan, we will carefully prepare the teeth for the placement of the new veneers.
- As we complete this piece of the process, the next step is to take an impression of the newly prepared teeth. This impression will be sent to our laboratory for the final product to be fabricated. We only use the highest standard laboratory for fabrication of all of our work. This process at the laboratory takes between 10-14 days.
- While the new veneers are being fabricated at the lab, we will provide you with a temporary solution to wear.
- When they arrive, we will place the veneers on your teeth to check the fit and color. We will then apply them by cleansing the teeth with a special bonding adhesive. Once in place, we will harden the cement with LED technology.
Maintenance of Your New Smile
Maintaining your veneers requires the same diligence as your original smile. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Continue to regularly brush and floss your teeth.
- Use non-abrasive fluoride toothpaste.
- Schedule regular check-ups with our team to ensure the veneers are successful and for periodic professional cleaning using specially formulated polish.
Visit Us and We’ll Get You the Smile You Want
At our office, we offer veneer services that will help restore your smile and confidence. Visit our other service pages to learn more about some of the other cosmetic procedures we provide, including porcelain crowns/bridges. Contact our team today and we’ll get you in to discuss which treatment is going to be best for your individual needs.